Print this record
There are no additional online documents for this record.
- Category: B
- Date Added: 05/10/1971
- Local Authority: Perth And Kinross
- Planning Authority: Perth And Kinross
- Parish: Tibbermore
National Grid Reference
- NGRNO 5201 23397
- Coordinates305201, 723397
1632, remodelled 1789 (evidently to designs by James
Stobie, E. aisle and middle gable removed, church
lengthened 10 feet, refenestrated, galleries E.&W. and
pulpit moved to central position on S. wall and W. porch
added); north T-plan aisle added 1808 by Ruthven
Printfield Coy for their servants, purchased by heritors
1835 following extensive repairs 1834. Refurnished 1874
to designs by William Maclaren of Sir George Condie
Conning & Co. Harled with margins, fine bellcote dated
1632 renovated 1808, S.W. skew crowstepped, 2 large
and 2 small windows S. wall, N. aisle rubble with droved
dressings and 3 good monuments on W. wall.
Statement of Special Interest
Ecclesiastical building in use as such.
O.S.A. V. XVII p 640.
N.S.A. V. X p 1036.
date of Ruthven Printfield aisle given as 1810. Hay Post
Refs. Chs. p 43, 168, 270. Heritors' Records. James
Stobie was the factor of the 4th Duke of Atholl and
practised as an architect and land-surveyor. The 1789
work was carried out by James Miller, Wright,
Auchterarder, and Andrew Paterson, mason, Dunning.
We list buildings of special architectural or historic interest and these are selected according to criteria published in the www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/shep-dec2011.pdf, Annex 2, pp74-76.
The information in the listed building record gives an indication of the special architectural or historic interest of the listed building(s). It is not a definitive historical account or a complete description of the building(s). The format of the listed building record has changed over time. Earlier records may be brief and some information will not have been recorded.
Enquiries relating to works to listed buildings should be made to the local authority in the first instance. Listed building consent is required for works which a local authority considers will affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest and local authorities also decide if listed building consent is required.
Listing covers both the exterior and the interior. Listing can cover structures not mentioned which are part of the curtilage of the building, such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. The local authority is responsible for advising on what is covered by the listing including the curtilage of a listed building. For information about curtilage see www.historic-scotland.gov.uk.
Legislation introduced on 1 October 2015 allows us to state that: an object or structure fixed to the listed building; any object or structure within the curtilage of the listed building; and, any part or feature of the listed building that is not of architectural or historic interest may be excluded from a listing. If part of your building is not listed under the new legislation, the part will be excluded in the statutory address and in the statement of special interest. The statement will use the word 'excluding' and quote the relevant section of the Historic Environment Scotland Act 2014. Some earlier listed building records may use the word 'excluding', but if the Act is not quoted, the record has not been revised to reflect current legislation.
Find out more about listing and our other designations at www.historic-scotland.gov.uk.