This website uses cookies. Find out more.OK

Listed Building

The legal part of the listing is the address/name of site only. All other information in the record is not statutory.


Status: Designated


Print this record

There are no additional online documents for this record.


  • Category: B
  • Date Added: 21/05/1971


  • Local Authority: Highland
  • Planning Authority: Highland
  • Burgh: Inverness

National Grid Reference

  • NGRNH 67038 44708
  • Coordinates267038, 844708


W L Carruthers, 1895-7, Free Gothic, snecked rubble. 3-bay,

lower demi-octagonal chancel; transept with, in re-entrant

angle of transept and nave, square plan tower with small

needle spire. Crenellated parapet at chancel; gabled porch

at base of tower; windows cusped pointed lights in

round-headed arches; angular detailing. Stained glass

memorial window to Dr Ogilvie Grant by A Ballantine & Son


Statement of Special Interest

Ecclesiastical building in use as such.



INVERNESS COURIER May 3, 1895; William Glashan, "Old Houses

and Churches", THE HUB OF THE HIGHLANDS, 173; and

information courtesy of Buildings of Scotland Research Unit.

About Designations

Listed Buildings

We list buildings of special architectural or historic interest and these are selected according to criteria published in the, Annex 2, pp74-76.

The information in the listed building record gives an indication of the special architectural or historic interest of the listed building(s). It is not a definitive historical account or a complete description of the building(s). The format of the listed building record has changed over time. Earlier records may be brief and some information will not have been recorded.

Enquiries relating to works to listed buildings should be made to the local authority in the first instance. Listed building consent is required for works which a local authority considers will affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest and local authorities also decide if listed building consent is required.

Listing covers both the exterior and the interior. Listing can cover structures not mentioned which are part of the curtilage of the building, such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. The local authority is responsible for advising on what is covered by the listing including the curtilage of a listed building. For information about curtilage see

Legislation introduced on 1 October 2015 allows us to state that: an object or structure fixed to the listed building; any object or structure within the curtilage of the listed building; and, any part or feature of the listed building that is not of architectural or historic interest may be excluded from a listing. If part of your building is not listed under the new legislation, the part will be excluded in the statutory address and in the statement of special interest. The statement will use the word 'excluding' and quote the relevant section of the Historic Environment Scotland Act 2014. Some earlier listed building records may use the word 'excluding', but if the Act is not quoted, the record has not been revised to reflect current legislation.

Find out more about listing and our other designations at