Skip to content

This website uses cookies. Find out moreOK

Listed Building

The legal part of the listing is the address/name of site only. All other information in the record is not statutory.

CLYNEKIRKTON, OLD PARISH CHURCH AND BURIAL GROUND.Reference: LB577

Status: Designated

Documents

Print this record

There are no additional online documents for this record.

Summary

Information

  • Category: B
  • Date Added: 20/12/1979

Location

  • Local Authority: Highland
  • Planning Authority: Highland
  • Parish: Clyne

National Grid Reference

  • NGRNC 89465 6074
  • Coordinates289465, 906074

Description

Dated 1775, enlarged 1827. Roofless T-plan church. Harl

pointed rubble, ashlar dressings. Simple rectangular

building with pair narrow centre windows in south elevation,

and small windows in outer bays; 1827 wing to rear (north)

demolished. Entrances in each gable, with gallery entrance and

window above.

Coped rubble walled burial ground full of 18th, 19th and 20th

century tomb stones.

Statement of Special Interest

No longer in ecclesiastical use. Abandoned in 1922

Scheduled Monument,13 February 2003. SAM 10484.

References

Bibliography

THE NEW STATISTICAL ACCOUNT, xv, (1840) p. 158. George Hay,

THE ARCHITECTURE OF SCOTTISH POST REFORMATION CHURCHES (1957)

p. 173.

About Designations

Listed Buildings

We list buildings of special architectural or historic interest and these are selected according to criteria published in the www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/shep-dec2011.pdf, Annex 2, pp74-76.

The information in the listed building record gives an indication of the special architectural or historic interest of the listed building(s). It is not a definitive historical account or a complete description of the building(s). The format of the listed building record has changed over time. Earlier records may be brief and some information will not have been recorded.

Enquiries relating to works to listed buildings should be made to the local authority in the first instance. Listed building consent is required for works which a local authority considers will affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest and local authorities also decide if listed building consent is required.

Listing covers both the exterior and the interior. Listing can cover structures not mentioned which are part of the curtilage of the building, such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. The local authority is responsible for advising on what is covered by the listing including the curtilage of a listed building. For information about curtilage see www.historicenvironment.scot.

Legislation introduced on 1 October 2015 allows us to state that: an object or structure fixed to the listed building; any object or structure within the curtilage of the listed building; and, any part or feature of the listed building that is not of architectural or historic interest may be excluded from a listing. If part of your building is not listed under the new legislation, the part will be excluded in the statutory address and in the statement of special interest. The statement will use the word 'excluding' and quote the relevant section of the Historic Environment Scotland Act 2014. Some earlier listed building records may use the word 'excluding', but if the Act is not quoted, the record has not been revised to reflect current legislation.

Find out more about listing and our other designations at www.historicenvironment.scot/advice-and-support.

Images

Sorry, there are no images available for this record.

Map

Sorry, there is no map available for this record.

Printed: 27/05/2016 01:17