Skip to content

This website uses cookies. Find out moreOK

Listed Building

The legal part of the listing is the address/name of site only. All other information in the record is not statutory.


Status: Designated


Print this record

There are no additional online documents for this record.



  • Category: B
  • Date Added: 05/10/1971


  • Local Authority: Perth And Kinross
  • Planning Authority: Perth And Kinross
  • Parish: Tibbermore

National Grid Reference

  • NGRNO 5201 23397
  • Coordinates305201, 723397


1632, remodelled 1789 (evidently to designs by James

Stobie, E. aisle and middle gable removed, church

lengthened 10 feet, refenestrated, galleries E.&W. and

pulpit moved to central position on S. wall and W. porch

added); north T-plan aisle added 1808 by Ruthven

Printfield Coy for their servants, purchased by heritors

1835 following extensive repairs 1834. Refurnished 1874

to designs by William Maclaren of Sir George Condie

Conning & Co. Harled with margins, fine bellcote dated

1632 renovated 1808, S.W. skew crowstepped, 2 large

and 2 small windows S. wall, N. aisle rubble with droved

dressings and 3 good monuments on W. wall.

Statement of Special Interest

Ecclesiastical building in use as such.



O.S.A. V. XVII p 640.

N.S.A. V. X p 1036.

date of Ruthven Printfield aisle given as 1810. Hay Post

Refs. Chs. p 43, 168, 270. Heritors' Records. James

Stobie was the factor of the 4th Duke of Atholl and

practised as an architect and land-surveyor. The 1789

work was carried out by James Miller, Wright,

Auchterarder, and Andrew Paterson, mason, Dunning.

About Designations

Listed Buildings

We list buildings of special architectural or historic interest and these are selected according to criteria published in the, Annex 2, pp74-76.

The information in the listed building record gives an indication of the special architectural or historic interest of the listed building(s). It is not a definitive historical account or a complete description of the building(s). The format of the listed building record has changed over time. Earlier records may be brief and some information will not have been recorded.

Enquiries relating to works to listed buildings should be made to the local authority in the first instance. Listed building consent is required for works which a local authority considers will affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest and local authorities also decide if listed building consent is required.

Listing covers both the exterior and the interior. Listing can cover structures not mentioned which are part of the curtilage of the building, such as boundary walls, gates, gatepiers, ancillary buildings etc. The local authority is responsible for advising on what is covered by the listing including the curtilage of a listed building. For information about curtilage see

Legislation introduced on 1 October 2015 allows us to state that: an object or structure fixed to the listed building; any object or structure within the curtilage of the listed building; and, any part or feature of the listed building that is not of architectural or historic interest may be excluded from a listing. If part of your building is not listed under the new legislation, the part will be excluded in the statutory address and in the statement of special interest. The statement will use the word 'excluding' and quote the relevant section of the Historic Environment Scotland Act 2014. Some earlier listed building records may use the word 'excluding', but if the Act is not quoted, the record has not been revised to reflect current legislation.

Find out more about listing and our other designations at


Sorry, there are no images available for this record.


Sorry, there is no map available for this record.

Printed: 26/05/2016 23:24